Alejandra is a lawyer specialized in Tax and Customs Law, with more than 15 years of experience advising companies and clients in administrative procedures, tax and customs audits, administrative litigation and free trade zone regime. She has worked in some of the major law firms in the country, as well as having worked as legal advisor to the PROMOTORA DE COMERCIO EXTERIOR DE COSTA RICA (PROCOMER), the administrative entity of the free trade zone regime, and as attorney in the Legal Department of the General Customs Directorate. Since 2016 she is the Coordinator of the Operations and Customs Affairs Commission at the Free Trade Zone Association (AZOFRAS).
Alejandra holds two master's degrees, one in Business Tax Consulting, and the other in Tax Law, from the Latin American University of Science and Technology (ULACIT), and a Licenciate Degree (JD Equivalent) from the Fidelitas University.
- 2014 - present. CASTRO CARAZO METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY (UMCA), Customs Management Degree, San José, Costa Rica.
- 2012. LATIN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (ULACIT), Master in Tax Law, San José, Costa Rica. Cum Laude Probatus.
- 2010. LATIN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (ULACIT), Master in Business Tax Consulting, San José, Costa Rica. Magna Cum Laude Probatus.
- 2002. FIDELITAS UNIVERSITY, Attorney at Law, San José, Costa Rica.
- 2020 Senior Associate, COLBS Legal Studio.
- 2013 - 2019 Senior Associate, BLP Abogados.
- 2012 Legal Advisor, PROMOTORA DE COMERCIO EXTERIOR DE COSTA RICA (PROCOMER).
- 2011 Attorney, General Customs Directorate.
- 2010 Attorney, Oller Abogados.
- 2007 - 2009 Tax Advisor, KPMG.