Fernanda is a lawyer specialized in the area of environmental law, with a strong background in corporate law, having worked for three years as a legal assistant in Nassar Abogados. After finishing her Master´s Degree she worked as a consultant with the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN), helping several governments in the Caribbean region to develop their national biodiversity laws and regulations, and drafting commercial contracts for the use of natural resources. She has vast experience in complex environmental policy and regulatory issues, having worked with several environmental management authorities throughout her career. From 2014 to 2016 she served as the President of the Costa Rican Society of International Law (ACODI), and she is a visiting lecturer at the UN Mandated University for Peace, teaching a class on International Environmental Law.
Fernanda holds an LL.M. Degree in Environmental Law and Policy from Stanford University and a Licenciate Degree (JD equivalent) from the University of Costa Rica.
- 2017 STANFORD LAW SCHOOL, STANFORD, CA. Master of Laws (LLM) in Environmental Law and Policy (ELP).
- 2015 UNIVERSIDAD DE COSTA RICA, San José, Costa Rica. Attorney at Law.
- 2019 - present, Associate, COLBS Legal Studio
- 2017 - present, Legal Consultant, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- 2016, Legal Advisor, Department of International Cooperation, UNIVERSIDAD PARA LA PAZ (UPAZ)
- 2015, Project Coordinator of the President’s office, COLEGIO DE ABOGADOS Y ABOGADAS DE COSTA RICA
- 2014 - 2016, Member of the Board of Directors and President,COSTA RICAN ASSOCIATION OF INTERNATIONAL LAW (ACODI)
- 2011 - 2014, Paralegal, NASSAR ABOGADOS