Costa Rican Ministry of Health resolutions
- May 4, 2020
Ref.: Sanitary provisions related to the temporary closure of establishments that have a Sanitary Operation Permit, which will take effect from April 3rd, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. and until Sunday, April 12th at 11:59 p.m.
TEMPORARY CLOSING is ordered for all establishments with sanitary operating permits classified as public meeting places. Except:
- The institutions that, due to the nature of their functions, must remain open, such as the immigration services, customs and phytosanitary services, land, sea and air border posts, among others.
- Public and private health facilities (clinics, pharmacies, hospitals, laboratories, doctor’s offices, radio diagnostic services, emergency services, eyeglasses stores, among others), as well as macrobiotics and veterinary clinics.
- Supermarkets, mini grocery stores, bakeries, butcher shops, greengrocers and grocery stores. As well as any other establishments that sells similar products.
- Establishments for sale of agricultural, veterinary and animal feed supplies, with a reduction of its maximum normal occupation capacity to fifty percent (50%).
- Hygiene supply establishments, with a reduction of their maximum normal occupancy capacity to fifty percent (50%).
- Public or private banking and financial services, with a reduction of its maximum normal occupation capacity to fifty percent (50%).
- Fuel supply
- Funeral parlors and/or wake chapels, with a reduction of its maximum normal occupation capacity to fifty percent (50%).
- Public and private establishments where there is commercialization of agricultural, livestock, fishing and aquaculture products, such as fairs and markets, with a reduction of their maximum normal occupation capacity to fifty percent (50%).
- Child care
- Care centers for people in vulnerable
- Rent a car services only for the purpose of providing assistance services to already rented vehicles, as well as car returns.
- All other establishments with Sanitary Operating Permits that do not provide face-to-face attention to the general public.
The HOTELS, only those that provide accommodation to:
- Foreign tourists who are already in the country.
- Flight crews or special services cases.
- Long-stay tourists or residents of the hotel.
- Provide services to the Public Administration to deal with the crisis due to the national emergency COVID-19.
- Provide services to embassies.
Additionally, the order was given to the health authorities, both of the Ministry of Health and the Police Force, to issue a Sanitary Order to establishments that do not comply with said provision, ordering their immediate closure and the processing of the collection of resulting fines as appropriate.